Each day our life intersects with many people, and we have the opportunity to encourage and bless or to burden them with complaining and discouragement.
In our scriptures for today, we have been reading about “refreshing" others. What a joy it brings to be in the company of people who bring encouragement and blessing to our life. So if we are going to be a refreshing voice to others, we must learn to refresh ourselves by:
- Being alone in the presence of God. Isaiah 40:31
- Thanking God for everything. Philippians 4:4
- Seeing the hand of God in all the events of life. II Corinthians 4:8-18
- Meditating in and on the Word of God. Psalm 1:1-3
- Realize we have an enemy that does not want us to be a refreshing voice to others: I Peter 5:7-10
It is in quality time alone with God and His Word that refreshes, restores, and renews our mind and heart so we can be a blessing and refreshing voice to others. Then we determine to obey the Lord by taking control of our words and being that refreshing encounter with others.
A good question to ask is "How do others feel after they have been in our company?"