These ladies in Zambia are careful to come each morning for clean water from the community well. In previous days, many people made a quick choice to consume contaminated water rather than walk a long distance. This decision to use unhealthy water resulted in regret and pain.
It is critically important that we make wise and careful decisions each day. Although we make out schedules and have plans for the day, we do not know what will take place throughout the day so we must be alert and careful. Many a person has stumbled and was injured due to not being alert both physically and spiritually.
A wrong decision, choice, response, desire, or thought seems insignificant but opens the door of life to great trouble and regret. In Ephesians 6:11-12 we are reminded that the believer needs the armor of God to stand against the “tricks” and “traps” of the devil. If we are to be alert and careful about our path and life today, we need to . . .
- Commit our works to the Lord (Proverbs 16:3)
- Be prepared spiritually (Ephesians 6:11)
- Obey the Bible (Psalm 119:165)
- Stay away from evil places and people (II Timothy 2:22)
- Listen to the Spirit of God (Galatians 5:16-17)
- Remember we belong to the Lord (Romans 12:1-2)
In a few hours, today will be history. We must be spiritually alert, careful, and obedient lest today ends with sorrow, regret, and injury.