Proverbs 8:13, 10:19, 13:3, 15:23; Ephesians 4:29
Each day we speak enough words to compose a small book. Our encounters with others set the stage for encouragement, thankfulness, embarrassment, hurt, heavenly or earthy wisdom, direction, concern, help, and much more.
Since words come so quickly and have such an impact either for good or evil, it best to be prepared each day by . . .
- Praying for wisdom and direction.
- Checking our heart for wrong motives.
- Committing to be a tool in God’s hand.
- Looking for ways to encourage and lift others.
- Deciding to refrain from comments that are unnecessary or hurtful.
We will influence many people today. So it is of great wisdom and blessing to be prepared to speak words that honor God and bless others. (I Corinthians 10:31)