These students of the Bible College in Myanmar are concerned about all the details of their work, even the little things.
It is important that we pay close attention to live according to God’s Word in all aspects of life. The Bible is our life instruction manual from God, who desires for us to have a good and profitable life. It is when one ignores God’s Word that they invite trouble, regret, and sorrow into their life.
In Colossians 3 the Apostle Paul, by the inspiration of God, instructs the believer to . . .
- Seek things of God
- Set our mind and heart on things above
- Put sinful deeds out of our life
- Do not let sins of the heart control you
- Conduct our life as a Christian
- Keep the mind focused on the Word
- Do all things for the glory of God
- Follow Biblical guidelines for the family
- Faithfully do your job
- Do all things as unto God
Sometimes we hear advice to “not worry about the small things.” However it is obvious from our Scripture for today that we should carefully pay attention to all things to honor God. We are not obeying the Bible to earn heaven since salvation is the free gift of God, but it is the believer’s joy and opportunity to obey the Word in all things for God’s blessings and peace.