Proverbs 16:1-10, James 1:17, Matthew 5:13-16
Each day we have the opportunity to influence and impact others in many ways by the way we talk and conduct our life. Encouragement and optimism are two great ways to leave a God-blessed mark on the lives of everyone we meet today.
Encouragement and optimism energize and excite others. It is not a front to cover what one is really holding in their heart. This attitude is situated in the promises and presence of our Lord and is sustained by His power. Steps to cultivating the attitude of encouragement and optimism are . . .
- Think about how many people your life impacts and influences each day.
- Think about the people that have and are encouraging you.
- Give thanks to God for all your blessings. (James 1:17)
- Remember the presence and power of God in your life today. (Romans 8:28)
- Pray for wisdom in each word you speak today. (James 1:5, Ephesians 4:29)
- Remember that you are God’s “voice” to everyone your encounter today. (II Corinthians 4:7)
The spirit/attitude of encouragement and optimism will be used by God to influence and help others today. Let your light shine brightly today. What mark will you leave today?