Sometimes we get to the point where we don’t think that we can go on any longer. The obstacles and challenges of life continue to flood our life. For each step we move ahead in life, it seems like we than take steps backward.
However we are reminded in the Word that God is working in our life and that He knows what is best (Romans 8:28) so we must continue on even when things seem difficult. To gain courage in the time of difficulty and strength, the obedient believer is careful to:
1. Wait upon the Lord for strength: Isaiah 40:31
2. Give thanks for all that God is doing: I Thessalonians 5:18
3. Review all the blessings of God in the past: Psalm 77
4. Determine to obey God and move on: II Corinthians 4: 8-16
5. Rejoice in the Lord: Philippians 4:4
6. Pray for a heavenly perspective: II Corinthians 4:17-18
Remain faithful and trusting in the time of flood, for “this too shall pass.” With peace in heart and courage in the soul, “looking unto Jesus” the obedient believer moves ahead in the blessings and power of the Lord.
“The devil doesn’t care which side of the horse we fall off of, as long as we don’t stay in the saddle.” Martin Luther