Each day of our life journey brings many new opportunities, blessings, joys, and challenges. One of the most important factors of life that is often forgotten or missed is the matter of what is on our mind.
People and circumstances bring various encounters into our life, and we must be very careful as to the thoughts that enter and control our mind. James 1:14-16 instructs that sinful thoughts are where sinful actions begin. Many times throughout the Scriptures, we are warned to be alert to the attack of the enemy in thoughts that lead to wrong words and evil deeds.
It is important to:
- Guard our thoughts (Proverbs 4:23)
- Examine our thoughts (Psalm 139:23-24)
- Change our thoughts (II Corinthians 10:5)
- Renew our minds (Romans 12:2) to renew means take out bad and put in good
- Fill our mind and thoughts with the Word of God (Psalm 119:11)
This is a daily challenge and battle. Wrong, deceptive, hurtful, and evil thoughts can quietly slip into one’s mind and contaminate our actions and behavior.