These children in Zambia, Africa eagerly await the clean and fresh water they are about to get from the well. They well remember the many times they consumed contaminated and unclean water and how it affected them physically.
It is certain that unclean water is bad for the body. It is also certain that wrong, unwise, and ungodly thoughts affect the life. We must never forget the importance of the thoughts we allow to settle in our mind. The mind is the control center of one’s life and conduct. It is impossible to think wrong and sinful thoughts and to live a life of joy and honor to the Lord. (I Corinthians 10:31)
We must constantly be reminded of what the Bible teaches about the mind.
- Guard the mind. (Proverbs 4:23)
- Clean out the mind regularly. (I John 1:9)
- Do not let wrong and sinful thoughts remain in the mind. (Romans 6:12-14)
- Sin begins with wrong thoughts. (James 1:14)
- Thoughts govern the life. (Proverbs 23:7)
- Set the mind on things of God. (Colossians 3:23)
- Wrong thoughts lead to wrong actions. (Proverbs 7:10-27)
It is Biblical and wise to guard and control the mind and keep it focused on good, godly, and productive thoughts. Many people live in regret, bondage, and difficulty because they allowed wrong thoughts to govern their life.