We have now received the gift of a new day. Each day consists of 86,400 seconds, and it is our choice of what to do with this time. These students in this picture have decided that the best way to invest their life (time) this day is to challenge their minds and become better servants for the Lord.
This new day, God’s gift to us, is ours to invest or squander away. How we utilize this day is our choice. But since we do not know what to do, as believers, we are instructed in the Bible to:
- Commit all to the Lord: Proverbs 16:3
- Pray for wisdom: James 1:53
- Surrender all to the Lord: Romans 12:1-2
- Be determined to obey the Lord in all things: I Corinthians 10:31
- Be careful to make right choices: Proverbs 27:12
- Be thankful in the Lord: I Thessalonians 5:18
- Fear God and keep His commandments: Ecclesiastes 12:13-14
How we use these next few hours will bring joy, blessing, happiness, and productivity or sadness, regret, waste, and sorrow. As one wise Bible teacher has instructed, “don’t waste your life,” and life comes to us one day at a time. Let’s rejoice in the Lord, commit to do His will at all times, and be a light in a dark world this day.