Just as these children in Zambia eagerly await fresh and clean water from the new well being drilled, we embark on a new day and move into the unknown of life.
In Psalm 37:1-8, the Psalmist gives some instructions for a day and life of significance, contentment, and meaning.
- Psalm 37:1 - Don’t get upset when it seems like evil people succeed, for this is all they have, and one day they will reap what they sow.
- Psalm 37:3 - Trust God in everything and do good.
- Psalm 37:4 - Delight in the Lord, and your heart’s desire will be His will, and He will bless you.
- Psalm 37:5 - Commit and submit your way to God, trust Him, and He will take you through.
- Psalm 37:7 - Rest in the Lord and wait patiently for His leading.
- Psalm 37:8 - Don’t get angry and do or say evil things.
Although one does not know what the day holds, as believers, we know the One that holds the day. The song writer reminds us that “moment by moment I have life from above.”
So it is with great excitement and anticipation we walk eagerly into a new day following and obeying the instructions of God’s Word. (Proverbs 3:5-6)